Ace Stocking Policy
Our goal is to have a core set of products available at all times. These are items that – based on customer feedback and past sales activity – should always be on the shelf and available. When you need something that your business or livelihood depends on we will do our best to have that item readily available. Our goal is responsiveness and if we see a trend developing that begs reassessing what we have readily available, we’ll make appropriate adjustments.
While we do try to have a wide assortment of product lines available, we cannot guarantee that all items will be in stock all of the time due to various vendor restrictions and minimum order requirements.
Emergency Parts Needs
Most of our suppliers can accommodate emergency part or item replacement needs. Each vendor addresses that situation differently; some require a “rush fee,” some require that the item(s) ship by the fastest means possible (e.g. UPS Red).
Drop shipments are available with a majority of our vendors. Please check with your Ace Tank sales representative to see whether direct shipping is available for your particular situation.
Special Order Items
Purchase of typical “non-stock” items valued at over $500 require a signed purchase order and in most cases a customer signed and returned quotation from Ace. In most instances, we require a minimum 25% deposit on such items.
TERMS OF SALE
1. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE. Seller offers to sell goods to the Buyer based on the terms and conditions set forth herein, together with any special attachments hereby incorporated by reference and constituting the entire agreement between parties. Said terms and conditions may not be varied, and no modification or addition to them shall be of any force or effect, unless made by or specifically by the Seller in writing.
Unless otherwise stated, prices offered are firm for a period of 30 days from date of the quotation, and will be invoiced at the prices stated in the quotation, and are subsequently subject to increase in prices of any of these goods by seller’s suppliers.
Buyers acceptance for all quotations or the sale of products on Buyer’s purchase order form, acknowledgement, or other form, that includes printed terms and conditions used to order goods from Seller shall be for convenience only and shall be evidence of Buyer’s unconditional agreement to the Seller’s terms and conditions, and shall not be binding upon the Seller unless specifically agreed to in writing by Seller.
If any conflict exists between the Seller’s terms and conditions and Buyer’s form, the Seller’s terms and conditions stated herein shall apply.
If Buyer’s credit has not been established, three commercial references and one bank reference shall accompany the first order.
2. DELIVERY. Time for delivery shall not be the essence of the agreement. Seller shall make best efforts to meet proposed shipment for delivery dates. Seller shall notify customer of a delay, in accordance with the UCC.
Seller shall not be liable to Buyer or any third party for any loss, damage, or expense from any delay or failure or performance due to any cause beyond the control of Seller, including, but not limited to, fire, strike, accident, war conditions, government regulation or restriction, shortages in transportation, power, labor or material, freight embargo, riot, or civil commotion, default of the supplier, or prohibitions or events which render performance difficult or impossible.
3. PAYMENT. Buyer agrees to make payment within Seller’s terms of payment as stated on the face hereof, or Buyer will be subject to and responsible for charges of 1-1/2% or 18% per annum on Past Due accounts. In the event legal action or any proceedings become necessary to enforce the terms set forth herein, or to collect the amounts set forth, the Buyer shall reimburse the Seller for all such costs and expenses, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees.
4. TITLE AND DELIVERY. Unless stated to the contrary on the face hereof, all goods furnished hereunder will be shipped F.O.B. point of shipment, and title and risk in the goods shall pass to the Buyer upon Seller’s delivery of the carrier at the point of shipment. Any freight allowance which Seller may grant based upon dollar value of a shipment, or upon the type of goods involved, shall be construed solely as a price term and not as a delivery term.
5. ERRORS. Typographical and/or mathematical errors made by Seller in quotation, acknowledgements or invoices are subject to correction. Buyer shall notify Seller in writing of any claim of error in quantity shipped within 10 days after receipt of the goods.
6. RETURNS. No goods may be returned without the Seller’s permission, and if authorized for return, transportation charges must be prepaid by Buyer unless otherwise noted by Seller in the authorization to return goods. All goods authorized for return are subject to Seller’s inspection and acceptance, and a minimum handling charge equal to 15% of the purchase price of the goods, or $20.00, whichever is greater, will be assessed, unless otherwise noted in Seller’s authorization to return said goods.
7. CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS. Cancellation, suspension, or variation of the order shall be valid only with the consent and upon terms agreed to by the Seller in writing. In the event of such agreement Buyer shall pay to Seller any cancellation, or other charges or expenses, including loss of profit, as compensation for all loss incurred as a result of cancellation.
8. WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER. The goods described herein are warranted to be free from defects of workmanship and material unless sold on an AS-IS basis.
THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THOSE OF THE MANUFACTURER OR THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF, AND THE SELLER SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDES ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS. THE WARRANTY CONTAINED IN THIS PARAGRAPH AS LIMITED IN IT, IS THE ONLY WARRANTY EXTENDED BY THE SELLER IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SALE BY IT AND IS EXTENDED TO THE IMMEDIATE BUYER ONLY AND NOT TO ANY SUCCESSIVE BUYERS, USERS, THIRD PARTIES, OR EMPLOYEE.
9. SUBMITTALS AND OPERATIONS MANUALS. Upon receipt of executed purchase order, Seller will prepare a standard Submittal and O&M package and will provide, at no charge, up to (1) Electronic PDF and up to (10) printed hard copy sets, single sided, 3-hole punched, standard format packets bound with binder clips. Any abnormal or job specific submittal requirements, including format, layout, testing requirements, binders, laminated paper, etc., can be provided and will be charged time and materials. Hourly rate is $112.50 / hour and $1.00 / mile. Cancellation of order after submittals and/or O&M manuals have been assembled will result in a minimum charge of (3) hours, $225.00, for administrative costs.
Returned Goods Policy
Our return policy is intended for timely processing of returns and issuance of credit to our customers. Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in delays or loss of credit. Written communication or confirmation will also greatly aid in assuring proper processing.
All returns will require a written Return Goods Authorization (RGA) from Ace. All returns should be sent to our facility, along with a copy of the RGA and the RGA number should be written on the outside of all boxes. Under no circumstances should any items be returned directly to the manufacturer or other party unless prior written authorization is obtained from Ace.
To receive authorization to return material, customers must fill out a Return Goods Request form. Forms may be downloaded here, or obtained by fax or email from the branch handling the account. The Return Goods Request may then be faxed to the RG Coordinator at (847) 364-1788 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A numbered Return Goods Authorization will be faxed or emailed back to the customer.
RETURNS TO STOCK
- Items should not be returned without prior authorization from Ace.
- In the case of an error on the part of Ace, items will be accepted back within 30 days of shipment for full credit.
- Ace will accept a return of regularly stocked items up to 10% of the amount of each invoice without a restocking charge. This is intended to allow our customers a slight overage on materials such as pipe and fittings on construction orders. However, all items returned must be clean, undamaged, and in original containers. Also, fiberglass pipe will only accepted in full lengths, and flexible pipe will only be accepted in minimum of 100 feet continuous lengths. This allowance will not apply to specially ordered items or repair parts.
- Return of all other items will be at the discretion of Ace and, if accepted for return, will be subject to restocking charges to cover costs incurred by Ace, including factory restocking charges, processing costs and return shipping to the manufacturer. The standard restocking charge will be 20%, but may be higher due to certain vendor return policies.
DAMAGE OR LOSS IN SHIPMENT
- It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect shipments upon delivery and note any damage in writing on the bill of lading at the time of delivery. The customer should also notify Ace immediately upon receiving a damaged shipment to arrange for a replacement.
- The customer should confirm that the number of boxes received matches the bill of lading at the time of delivery. Shortages due to a loss by the carrier cannot be rectified if not noted by recipient at the time of delivery.
- The customer should inspect all items for concealed damage and loss within 3 days of receiving the shipment and notify Ace if any such damage or loss is noted.
- No damaged materials should be returned to Ace without prior authorization. Such items will often need to be held for inspection by the freight company at the location where received.
CORE RETURNS (Repair & Return & Non-Warranty)
- Cores will be accepted on a like-for-like basis, according to the parameters listed on our core return policy, against advanced shipments of exchange parts.
- Cores returned in advance for Repair and Return will be processed immediately, on a like-for-like (or available upgrade) basis, upon receipt of exchange part.
- See Core Return policy for individual return time frames allowable to receive a core credit.
- Ace’s sole warranty obligation shall be the honoring of the manufacturer’s factory warranty for items that were sold by Ace.
- If an item not purchased from Ace is submitted for warranty replacement, Ace may, at its discretion, provide a replacement item, but in this case we will impose a handling fee of $15.00 or 15% of the list price of such item, whichever is greater, per item, to defray our processing costs.
- All warranty items must be returned to Ace with all required paperwork, such as a Ace RGA, and any manufacturers warranty service reports or claim forms. Please call if you have any questions regarding requirements for particular items. Items received without proper documentation will be returned to you for correction and re-submittal.
- If a defective part is first returned to Ace for replacement, the replacement will be shipped to you at no charge.
- If a replacement part is ordered in advance of returning defective item, you will be invoiced at your regular price for that part. If the defective part is returned within 15 days, Ace will credit the warranty items on the original invoice. If the part is not returned within 15 days, the invoice for the replacement part will need to be paid in accordance with your payment terms. If the part is then subsequently returned, Ace will not issue credit against the replacement invoice, but will withhold credit until credit is issued to Ace.
RETURN GOODS AUTHORIZATIONS
In order to abide by manufacturer’s return guidelines, Ace obtained RGAs will have the following validations:
- “Returns To Stock” RGAs will be valid for 30 days from date of issuance.
- “Warranty Return” RGAs will be valid for 15 days from date of issuance.
- “Core Credit & Exchange” RGAs will be valid for 15 days from date of issuance.
Although Ace may issue an RGA to send items back for credit, that does not ensure you will receive credit for those items.
- Return to stock items will be inspected by Ace to make sure item is unused and clean or original packaging unopened.
- Core and warranty returns will need to be inspected and accepted by manufacturer before Ace will issue credit for items.
Ace reserves the right to withhold or reverse any credit given for parts that are subsequently rejected by the manufacturer.
CORE RETURN POLICY
Over the years, suppliers of exchange parts have tightened their policies for returning cores. In turn, we are forced to do the same. Exchange items are sold on a “Core Credit Upon Return” basis, in the expectation that cores will be returned to Ace within a few days of your receipt of the part. This allows us to recover the cost of the core from the supplier, which we in turn pass on to you, our customer. If we do not meet the manufacturer’s time limitations, we do not receive our core credit and therefore cannot issue core credit to you, our customer. In order to avoid this added expense we find it necessary to set definite time limits on core returns.
IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CORE CREDIT
- You must obtain a Return Goods Request form to be filled out. You can obtain that form here, or from the sales department of the facility handling your account.
- The form must be filled out and faxed to the RG Coordinator at (847) 364-1788 or emailed to email@example.com.
- Cores must be received at Ace within 15 days* of invoice, with RGA as your return packing slip.
- Cores received after this time and/or without Ace RGA will be returned, uncredited.
*CORE POLICY EXCEPTIONS & VARIATIONS
|ALLIED ELECTRONICS||BOARD CORES||**5 DAYS FROM INVOICE|
|BENETT PUMP||BOARD CORES||**5 DAYS FROM INVOICE|
|ALL OTHER VENDORS||BOARD CORES||*15 DAYS FROM INVOICE|
|ALL MANUFACTURERS||NOZZLE CORES||*30 DAYS FROM INVOICE|
|VEEDER-ROOT||COMPUTER CORES NEEDED IN ADVANCE FOR ORDERING|
Please note that our 15-day core policy is independent of your payment terms. Invoices incorporating core charges should be paid within terms to keep your account balance current; we must receive either payment of the core charge or an acceptable core within terms. We will, of course, issue credit for any core charge paid, if we subsequently receive a core within the 15-day period allowed.